- Buyer’s commission payable to the VWA Ltd /Trade Whisky is 10% plus VAT on commission same for Silver Members 10% plus VAT on commission.
- Gold members buyer’s commission is 8% plus VAT on commission
- Platinum members buyers commission is only 5% plus VAT on commission (the lowest in the world).
- Delivery charges are FREE for more than 5 bottles and will vary, if applicable, depending on the item destination and weight of Items won/purchases plus VAT where applicable to all fees and delivery charges.
- For customers outside the UK/EU, a payment surcharge of 3.5% will apply to payments made by credit card.
- We are not responsible for the payment of any local Customs or Duties. All invoices will be stated at their true value; no exceptions will be made.
- Vintage Whisky Auctions Ltd reserves the right to update or change any commission rates and fees as it may in its sole discretion deem fit.
Online Bidding Process
You acknowledge that you are bidding in a live auction and agree that each bid submitted as provided in these Terms and Conditions is irrevocable and cannot be amended or corrected. You accept all liability for bids submitted via your account, including the liability to pay in full and on time in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
To place a bid, a registered User must enter their maximum bid into the box shown on any Lot page. Whisky Hammer will automatically bid on the Item on your behalf, up to the maximum bid entered, by using the following incremental bidding rules;
Minimum Next Bid Increment
The highest bid placed on any item at the time of which the auction closes will be deemed the winning bid, assuming that such winning bid is greater than any optional reserve price that has been set on the Lot by the Seller.
The Buyer will receive an email notification of any winning bid and will accept all responsibility of bids placed via your account in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Vintage Whisky Auctions Ltd reserves the right, to the fullest extent legally permissible, to reject any registration, reject any bid placed, alter reserves and to withdraw permissions for a User on our website.
At the end of each auction, any bids placed on a Lot within the last 15 minutes of the auction timer will prolong the current auction of that Lot by a further 15 minutes. This is to ensure that ‘sniping software’ cannot be used on any of our auctions.
Vintage Whisky Auctions Ltd reserve the right to extend the auction timer by any length at any point during the auction, and under any event, specifically if the website is not accessible at the initially proposed auction end time.